Bang & Olufsen launches the Contrast Collection
The colour palette of the collection was determined by exploring new ways of working with aluminium, which is a material that has become a part of the Bang & Olufsen design aesthetic.
Bang & Olufsen announced the Contrast Collection – a limited eight-piece collection created in collaboration with Danish design studio Norm Architects to celebrate sound and design.
The Contrast Collection, is what the company says, “an exploration of material combinations and tactile surfaces between minimal and expressive, rough and smooth, light and dark, silence and loudness, harmony and noise celebrating the shared curiosity and craftmanship between the two brands using material tensions that intrigue and excite.”
If it does sound like quite a lot to take in, it’s intentional.
“The Contrast Collection is a timeless interpretation of current interior trends focusing on tactility and textures. The combination of colour tones, materials and surfaces makes the collection a unique, new offering in a timeless design. The products are not only aesthetically aligned – they also deliver amazing Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound,” says Kresten Bjørn Krab-Bjerre, Design Director at Bang & Olufsen.
Pricing and Availability
The Contrast Collection consists of eight of Bang & Olufsen’s most popular speakers and wireless headphones:
• Beoplay A1 (AED 1,165) – Ultra-portable Bluetooth speaker with a premium brushed aluminium grill and mottled tactile base. Contrast Collection colours: Natural Brushed.
• Beoplay H9 (AED 2,320) – Wireless ANC headphones with a mottled concrete look on the housing. Contrast Collection colours: Grey Mist and Anthracite.
• Beoplay A9 (AED 13,250) – Wireless, design speaker with an anodised dark metal frame and fabric. Contrast Collection colours: Anthracite.
• Beosound Stage (AED 7,885) – Soundbar with linear elements and an emphasized horizontal weave. Contrast Collection colours: Anthracite.
• Beosound Shape (Grey Define & Dark Grey Define: AED 1,440 (2 pieces), Wooden tile: AED 2,865 (2 pieces)) – Modular speaker system with a horizontal weave in two colour ways that compliments the dark oak panel. Contrast Collection colours: Grey Define, Dark Grey Define, Wooden tile (Dark Oak).
• Beosound Edge (AED 17,220) – Compact and wireless speaker with thin, matte aluminium and wool mixed with fabric for strength and durability. Contrast Collection colours: Anthracite.
• Beosound 1 (AED 7,225) – Portable smart speaker treated with sandblasted effect for soft minimalistic feel. Contrast Collection colours: Anthracite.
• Beosound 2 (AED 10,605) – Speaker system with anodised aluminium and strong contrasts to allow the brush lines to be visible. Contrast Collection colours:
The Contrast Collection is now available online, in select third-party retailers and in Bang & Olufsen stores.