AMD launch Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
The software release introduces a sleek new gaming application to get the most out of your PC
AMD unveiled AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition, the next generation of its software suite for AMD Radeon graphics,
Featuring a fully redesigned gaming application, AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition puts powerful capabilities at gamers’ fingertips. It includes the new Radeon Boost feature, bringing enhanced performance and fluidity to fast-motion gameplay, new Integer Display Scaling technology that rejuvenates old games for modern displays, as well as significant enhancements to the acclaimed AMD Link6 mobile application, to Radeon Image Sharpening, Radeon Anti-Lag, and much more.
“With each Radeon Software release, we laser-focus on bringing innovative features gamers demand, significant performance improvements, and the ultimate in software stability and reliability,” said Andrej Zdravkovic, corporate vice president of software development at AMD. “AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition takes gaming on Radeon graphics to the next level with breathtaking visual quality, faster performance, and a host of unique, must-have features that dramatically improve the overall user experience.”
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition provides gamers with a number of new and improved features, including:
• Radeon Boost – Delivers up to a 23 percent average performance boost during fast-motion gaming scenarios by dynamically reducing image resolution, increasing framerates and fluidity, and bolstering responsiveness with little to no perceptible change in image quality. Radeon Boost will be supported in numerous top games at launch, with additional titles added over time.
• AMD Link – Featuring an updated interface that matches the new desktop application look and feel, the AMD Link mobile application now allows users to take game streaming to mobile devices outside of their homes, enabling high-quality PC gameplay on phones or tablets from anywhere.
• Integer Display Scaling – Scales on-screen images from one pixel to four or more, giving classic games a retro, pixel-art style look with ultra-crisp scaling options for high-PPI displays without a performance penalty.
• DirectML Media Filters – Visual noise reduction and upscaling filters utilize machine learning to clean up photo and video files, delivering better quality than traditional de-noise and upscale filters.
• Radeon Image Sharpening and Radeon Anti-Lag – Radeon Image Sharpening3 adds support for DirectX 11 games in addition to DX 9, DX 12, and Vulkan titles, and the feature now allows an adjustment for users to select the degree of sharpness. Radeon Anti-Lag4 adds support for DX 9 titles on pre-Radeon RX 5000 series graphics cards.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition is available now from www.amd.com/en/support.