The HP Elite Dragonfly officially launches in the UAE
The HP Elite Dragonfly is the company’s lightest compact business convertible for professionals who want portability
HP introduced the HP Elite Dragonfly, which is the lightest compact business convertible laptop its ever made.
The laptop, which is a sub one-kilogram ultralight premium PC, is designed to push work and life boundaries for mobile business professionals. Artfully crafted to standout in a distinct Dragonfly blue, designed to be powerful, and hardened with security, the HP Elite Dragonfly ushers in a new era of mobility.
Commenting on the launch, George Rouppas, Head of Personal Systems Category at HP Inc. Middle East, Saudi Arabia & Turkey said, “The way people work, live and play is changing significantly. People are no longer bound to their desks and this means they need equipment that supports this lifestyle. Business professionals need to be mobile, move fast and freely in increase efficiency and productivity. With this in mind, we designed the HP Elite Dragonfly to make a bold, personal statement. A PC should provide freedom, adapt, and transform how and where today’s business professionals work, thus at HP we are constantly trying to reinvent how technology empowers the workforce.”
Additionally, the HP Elite Dragonfly is the company’s first notebook to include ocean-bound plastics. Its speaker enclosure component is made with 50 per cent post-consumer recycled plastic including 5 percent ocean-bound plastics. To date, HP has sourced over one million pounds – or more than 35 million plastic bottles or more than 450 metric tonnes – of ocean-bound plastics from Haiti for its products. To ensure their ocean-bound plastics efforts continue to scale, HP has committed to including ocean-bound plastic material in all new HP Elite and HP Pro desktop and notebook computers launching in 2020.
Noting that consumers in the UAE are growing increasingly aware of the environmental impacts of the products they are buying, he added: “Sustainability and the creation of a circular economy are hugely important to us. Be it through partnerships with local charities, such as Dubai Cares through which we support educational projects while recycling HP ink cartridges or through the introduction of new products such as the HP Elite Dragonfly, we continue to reinforce our commitment to HP’s global sustainability agenda. The smart choices we are making about the plastic elements in devices play a crucial role in achieving those goals globally.”
Beyond the sustainability aspects, the HP Elite Dragonfly features the below:
• World’s lightest compact business convertible at under one-kilogram, precision crafted from CNC-machined Magnesium for durability in a commanding, iridescent Dragonfly Blue.
• Redesigned ultra-lightweight quiet and backlit keyboard and a new lightweight touch pad for an ultra-smooth working experience.
• Offers the world’s highest screen to body ratio in a 13-inch business convertible at almost 86% and instantly transforms from tablet to PC.
• Coaches users to take breaks and provides individual productivity tips.
• HP is helping users find a healthy work and life balance with personalised wellness recommendations.
• Verified to the target specification and key experiences of Intel’s “Project Athena” innovation program.
• Experience best-for-business performance with an 8th Gen Intel Core vPro processor.
• Wi-Fi 6 offers up to three times faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5 for higher performance in high density environments.
• HP Sure Sense defends against malware attacks on mobile workers using the power of artificial intelligence.
• HP Sure Recover with Embedded Reimaging gets users back up and running fast.
• HP Sure View Gen3, HP’s integrated privacy screen, and HP Privacy Camera helps users control what is shared with the world.
Pricing and Availability
HP Elite Dragonfly is expected to be available from December, starting at AED 5,499, including VAT.