Snapchatters can now take the selfie of a lifetime!
Snapchat users can now see what they'll potentially look like with an age filter
Snapchat has begun rolling out its latest lens Time Machine which lets Snapchatters change the appearance of their age by dragging a simple slider across their screen, going from young to old in less than a second. Using advanced machine learning and training models, users can see the years melt away in real time, then share with their closest friends.
For the first time, Snapchatters can see how time really does fly when they’re having fun!
In 2015, Snapchat introduced Lenses as a way for users to express themselves and share how they feel with their closest friends. Today, more than 70% of daily active users play with or view Lenses every day to transform the way they look, augment the world around them, play games, and help them learn about the world.
How to use the Time Machine Lens:
• If you don’t already have Snapchat, download it for iOS or Android
• Snapchat will automatically open to the camera
• Open Lenses Carousel by pressing Smiley Button or tap on screen
• Find the Time Machine lens in carousel
• Select which direction you want the camera to shoot using the rotating arrows: Time Machine works using the front-facing and rear-facing cameras, so try it out on yourself, or your friends, family, favorite tv stars, historical figures… we leave the creativity up to you!
• Once you’ve centered your face in either the front-facing or rear-facing camera, tap on your screen to bring up the Lens Carousel
• Swipe left until you reach the Time Machine lens
• Adjust the slider left to wind back the clock, and slide right to add on the years
• There are details on how to export / save your photo or video here