Apple's most popular iPad has a new update
The new 10.2 entry level iPad features a Retina Display, Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard Support, and iPadOS
Apple introduced the new seventh-generation iPad, bringing more screen area and support for the full-sized Smart Keyboard to its most popular and most affordable iPad.
Starting at just $329, the upgraded iPad features a 10.2-inch Retina display and including Apple Pencil support, the fast A10 Fusion chip, advanced cameras and sensorsand all-day battery life. The new iPad is available to order starting today and in stores starting Monday, September 30.
“The new iPad packs even more value into our most popular and affordable iPad model featuring a bigger 10.2-inch Retina display, support for Apple Pencil and for the first time, the full-size Smart Keyboard,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s vice president of Product Marketing.
“The new iPad was built to run iPadOS, which introduces powerful new ways to multitask, manage and mark up documents, use Apple Pencil and view more information at a glance on a redesigned Home screen. This new iPad with iPadOS takes everything people love about our most popular iPad and makes it even better for creating, learning, working and playing.” Joswiak added.
Bigger Display in a Portable Design
The new 10.2-inch Retina display iPad has nearly 3.5 million pixels and a wide viewing angle making it a vivid canvas for creative expression and perfect for immersive augmented reality (AR) experiences that take advantage of its enhanced cameras and advanced sensors. Featuring the powerful A10 Fusion chip, the new seventh-generation iPad brings up to two times faster performance in Apple Arcade.
The iPad weighs about one pound and for the first time features an enclosure made from 100 percent recycled aluminum with the same strength, durability and beautiful finish as the aluminum in all Apple products. Staying connected is easy on iPad with support for Gigabit-class LTE connectivity and has Touch ID.
A New iPad Experience with iPadOS
iPadOS brings new capabilities and features designed for the unique experience of iPad. A redesigned Home screen shows more apps on each page and the Today View can now be added, allowing quick access to widgets for at-a-glance information including news headlines, weather and calendar events. Working with multiple files and documents from the same app is now easier on iPad with updates to Split View, as well as switching between multiple apps using Slide Over.
The Apple Pencil is more integrated into the iPad experience. Customers can now mark up and send entire webpages or documents by swiping Apple Pencil from the bottom corner of the screen, and a redesigned tool palette gives easier access to useful tools, colors and shapes. Managing documents in the Files app with iPadOS gets even more powerful with support for external USB drives and file servers. Safari brings desktop-class browsing to iPad so users always get the website best optimized for iPad, as well as support for popular web apps like Squarespace and Google Docs.
Pricing and Availability
- The new seventh-generation iPad comes in silver, space gray and gold finishes in 32GB and 128GB configurations. iPad starts at AED 1,349 for the Wi-Fi model and AED 2,249 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model from apple.com, in the Apple Store app and Apple Stores. It is available to order starting today.
- The Apple Pencil (1st generation) is available for purchase separately for AED 399 and the Smart Keyboard is a full-size keyboard that connects to the 10.2-inch iPad with the Smart Connector. It is available for purchase separately for AED 629
- For covers, Polyurethane Smart Covers are available for AED 169 for iPad in charcoal gray, white, pink sand and a new Alaskan blue.
- Schools can purchase iPad starting at AED 1,294.65 and Apple Pencil for AED 359.1.
- When customers buy online from Apple, they can make their new iPad their own with free engraving.
- Customers can extend their limited warranty with AppleCare+ and get 24/7 priority access to technical support.
- Every customer who buys iPad from Apple can enjoy free Personal Setup in-store or online, and receive guidance on how to customize their iPad, set up email, find new apps from the App Store and more.
- Apple TV+ will be available on the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac and other platforms, including online (tv.apple.com), for AED 19.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. Starting today, customers who purchase any iPad can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free.