Home / Batelco staff action is averted

Batelco staff action is averted

The planned protest by Batelco staff has been called off, with the operator agreeing to talk with the union.

The planned protest by Batelco staff has been called off, with the operator agreeing to talk with the union.

Up to 1,200 of Batelco's Bahrain-based staff had been planning to demonstrate outside the operator's AGM yesterday (February 28). The Batelco Trade Union had been calling for a 25% pay increase.

Maki Abbas, chairman of the Batelco Trade Union, told IT Weekly that Batelco had agreed to discuss a salary increase, as well as changes to the company's voluntary early retirement (VER) scheme.

Abbas described the agreement as a "win-win" situation for both parties.

Batelco said it will produce a report on salary packages by April 15.

Follow us to get the most comprehensive technology news in UAE delivered fresh from our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and listen to our Weekly Podcast. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter on curated technology news in the Middle East and Worldwide.

REGISTER NOW | Webinar Event | Security you can bank on – Safeguarding the Middle East’s financial sector

Presented in partnership with security and network specialist Cybereason, the second in the three part webinar series will bring together a panel of experts to discuss how banks and financial institutions are evolving their service offering while simultaneously staying one step ahead of the cyber criminals who seek to bring their operations crashing to the ground.

CHANNEL AWARD 2018