Linksys eases Wi-Fi administration for SMBs with cloud management
Cloud Manager enables admins to manage multiple client Wi-Fi networks anywhere in the world from one centralised dashboard
Linksys has announced the Middle East regional launch of Linksys Cloud Manager, a cloud-hosted WiFi Management Platform purpose-built for small business environments.
The solution offers centralised visibility, management and control of a wireless network without the cost and complexity of traditional hardware controllers, overlay software, or annual hosting costs.
Linksys Cloud Manager enables IT administrators and other authorised users to remotely monitor, manage and troubleshoot single or distributed Linksys Business Wireless-AC Access Points in real time via a single dashboard and sign-on. The cloud license is included in the Business-AC APs.
“There is a gap in the Middle East market for affordable, business-grade cloud managed WiFi management platforms designed specifically for SMBs,” said Amanulla Khan, managing director Linksys Middle East, Turkey and Africa. “Current offerings are either built with consumer-grade hardware or with expensive, enterprise features with prohibitive annual hosting fees. A common complaint is enterprise offerings are complex and over-engineered with features and functionality beyond the usual requirements of a small business network.”
- Ability to manage multiple, unlimited client Wi-Fi networks anywhere in the world from one centralised dashboard with a single login. Offers visibility of all accounts, sites, access points, and devices.
- Cloud Manager provides, through a web browser, historical and real-time traffic on the network, at-a-glance analytics about top clients and devices, including uptime, signal strength, connection duration, etc. Built-in troubleshooting tools help identify problems using features such as a Ping Test, Blink LED, RF Environment Scan, and Rogue Access Point Detection.
- Scales seamlessly from single sites to unlimited networks worldwide and is suitable for distributed networks (e.g., retail/branch offices).
- Offers the ability to configure APs even before unboxing them enabling a quick and simple installation process. After deployment, Linksys APs automatically connect to the cloud over SSL and can be configured remotely, whether they are offline or online. Users can provision the network in minutes with a few clicks.
- Firmware is automatically updated via over-the-air upgrades
- Delivers message alerts and warnings on network and device connectivity and network health re: power loss, downtime, or configuration changes.
- With no vendor lock in, customers can use a local interface to manage Linksys APs if cloud is no longer required.
- Multi-management level accounts give users the ability to set roles (owner, admin, and viewer) and provide key users access to specific networks.
- For resellers and IT solutions providers, Linksys Cloud Manager enables them develop a managed service model and generate recurring revenue.