Man bit iPhone battery triggering an explosion
The store’s security cameras captured the moment and it was uploaded to Miaopai
A man visiting an electronics store in Nanjing City, China bit into an iPhone battery which triggered an explosion.
The man went to the store to replace his iPhone battery was not convinced that the retailer was offering a legitimate replacement, promoting him to bite it. What followed was a small explosion.
According to Taiwan News, his reasoning was that people bite into coins to test whether they are real or fake and therefore the same can be done with batteries. Though this story sounds far-fetched, the stores security camera captured the incident, showing the bang. The outlet reported that the man's face and others had not been injured.
However there is no mention of whether it was a counterfeit battery or whether his teeth damaged it.
Apple admitted last year that it intentionally throttled the iPhones CPUs and is now offering battery replacements for iPhone 6 and newer devices.
Note - we strongly advise not to test any type of battery in this manner.