2017 ACN Arab Technology Awards nomination guide
ACN compiles a list of useful tips to help put together the best nomination submission possible.
Ahead of the upcoming 2017 Arabian Computer News Arab Technology Awards, which is set for the 9th October, ACN has compiled a list of useful tips that will help both organisations and individuals alike, in crafting the best nomination possible.
To review the various categories, nomination entry guidelines, as well as submissions, please visit - https://www.itp.net/acnawards.
- - Please make a note of the deadline dates for submitting nominations.
- - Do ensure entries are articulate and straight to the point, and do try to keep to the assigned word count as judges will have hundreds of entries to process and analyse.
- Furthermore, it may be useful to get a second pair of eyes to review the nomination prior to submission.
- - Please try to include testimonials from colleagues and/or clientele as part of the supporting documentation. It will assist us in familiarising ourselves with what the nominee is really like.
- - Coordinate with your respective PR or marketing team to assist you in the nomination process. If you believe you'd make a viable candidate, speak to your PR or marketing person to express your interest. We ask this to help avoid cases where the same candidate is put forward twice, creating duplicates in our system.
- - Do try to complete your entries in our system. It is often best to fill out a rough draft, so you know all the points you want to make. This will make it easier when inputting the relevant information through the online interface.
- - Please consider which categories to enter for. It is better to focus on entering one or two strong nominations, rather than entering weaker cases across several categories.
- Do not copy and paste a person's CV into the entry form. It is a poor means of stating their case.
- - In describing how a candidate excels, please do not list the responsibilities of his/her job role. We are looking for qualities that go beyond expectations.
- - Please include figures wherever possible. Statements can be made aplenty but concrete figures present a more comprehensive case for consideration. As we are a business publication, we are interested to see proof of how well your organisation/individual does. We will not print this information nor make it public. Percentages are acceptable.
For any technical support related to uploading nominations on the awards website, please contact Brian McNamara - email@example.com