Careem introduces budget packages for Abu Dhabi commuters
Careem has introduces KM Bundle Packages to help make commuting more affordable
Careem is offering discounted rates for its customers in Abu Dhabi to make commuting more affordable.
The ride-hailing app has introduced KM Bundle Packages for those who regularly use the service, they will benefit from discounted rates to help them manage their monthly budget on rides.
The bundles allows customers to save up to 20% a month rather than paying for rides individually, plus it removes peak pricing.
To estimate the monthly KM a commuter may need, an in-app calculator has been created which prompts customers to enter the regular routes they take, how often and from there it generates a recommended bundle to buy.
The app also allows a customer to set up a repeat booking so if they are regularly travelling the same route, they can save time by not having to manually book each time.
Packages are available to buy in 50KM, 75KM, 100KM, 150KM, 200KM and 300KM bundles.
Bassel Al Nahlaoui VP of Business Development and Government Relations, said: "We are always looking for ways to help our customers get around town freely and without any hassle. By offering them an in-app tool to organise their regular journeys and with a preferential pricing structure, we hope to be able to offer a tailor-made commuter package to anyone who needs it. We see that Abu Dhabi customers often use us to go to and from work, so we wanted to introduce this option here first and test the appetite ahead of launching in other cities."
How to buy and use KM Bundle Packages
1. Open the Careem app and go to the side menu
2. Click on "Buy a Package" and specify routes you commonly take
3. Choose your preferred Package
4. Select your registered credit card to pay for the Package
5. From thereon "Packages" will appear as one of your payment choices as "Use a Package" for any rides originating in Abu Dhabi
6. The number of KMs remaining in the package will show every time you book a new ride