Home / / Man almost electrocuted by a charging iPhone

Man almost electrocuted by a charging iPhone

Wiley Day feels and electric jolt when his necklace becomes tangled with his phone charger

Man almost electrocuted by a charging iPhone
Day is now spreading the message to be cautious when charging phones overnight, especially when they are next to you.

Wiley Day is counting his blessing after a freak accident saw him nearly get electrocuted by an iPhone charger.

On 22nd March, Day had left his iPhone on charge overnight via an extension cord, a regular routine so it would be charged for the next day. On this instance, when Day woke up in the morning he found that the dog-tag necklace he was wearing had become tangled within the extension cord and the charger.

In the moment, he jerked to floor due to the electrical current but managed to break the chain away from him. Day described the experience to the Washington Post as "the eeriest, darkest, most demonic thing you could ever experience".

Day has suffered from second and third degree burns to his neck and hands, doctors said he was lucky to be alive.

Day is now spreading the message to be cautious when charging phones overnight, especially when they are next to you.

Follow us to get the most comprehensive consumer tech news delivered fresh from our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and listen to our Weekly Podcast. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter on curated technology news in the Middle East and Worldwide.

REGISTER NOW | Webinar Event | Security you can bank on – Safeguarding the Middle East’s financial sector

Presented in partnership with security and network specialist Cybereason, the second in the three part webinar series will bring together a panel of experts to discuss how banks and financial institutions are evolving their service offering while simultaneously staying one step ahead of the cyber criminals who seek to bring their operations crashing to the ground.

CHANNEL AWARD 2018