ManageEngine bolsters security, process automation for Desktop Central
Enhancements include iOS app to monitor desktop performance and delegate of tasks to end users
ManageEngine, an IT management solutions provider, has announced process automation and security enhancements to its client management suite, Desktop Central.
Available immediately, the new features include an iOS mobile app for managing desktops and monitoring their performance on-the-go, a two-factor authentication login system for IT administrators, an HTML5 viewer for remote desktop control that requires no additional plugs or installation, and .EXE block for Windows.
Desktop and laptop management remains fundamental for organisations as the majority of employees, across all organizational levels, use computers to do their day-to-day work. In turn, IT administrators continue to face the mammoth task of managing these computers, keeping them up to date, distributing software, and addressing new challenges and vulnerabilities that often crop up.
“We understand that process automation and security are two of the most important desktop management requirements for IT administrators,” says Mathivanan Venkatachalam, director of product management for Desktop Central at ManageEngine. “The new updates will simplify their regular chores such as deploying commonly used software and troubleshooting, while focusing on providing maximum security.”
Desktop Central aims to address concerns with asset security and auditing as well as streamline processes such as software deployment and troubleshooting. The new features include:
- Self-service portal that empowers end users to install enterprise-sanctioned applications by themselves, without seeking IT assistance.
- iOS app that mobilizes auditing by giving consistent and detailed reports on the performance of Windows, Linux and Mac computers. It also facilitates adding or removing computers and managing agents.
- HTML5 viewer that expedites troubleshooting by remotely managing desktops; also works on all recent browsers and requires no additional installation.
- Two-factor authentication for IT admins logging into Desktop Central to enhance defences by preventing identity breaches.
- Block .EXE tool that prevents the installation of enterprise-blacklisted applications on desktops.