Home / Apple lists the top 10 reasons apps get rejected

Apple lists the top 10 reasons apps get rejected

iPhone maker publishes breakdown showing developers where they're going wrong

Apple lists the top 10 reasons apps get rejected
The most popular reason for rejection with 14% is for "more information needed".

Apple has published a post on its developer site listing the common reasons of why apps get rejected.

Most of the reasons listed in the post are technical, such as: crashes and bugs; broken links; and incomplete information.

"Before you develop your app, it's important to become familiar with the technical, content, and design criteria that we use to review all apps," Apple wrote. "We've highlighted some of the most common issues that cause apps to get rejected to help you better prepare your apps before submitting them for review."

Other reasons include: substandard user interfaces; apps that aren't considered "engaging and useful"; misleading information; and trying to submit too many apps that are similar to each other.

The most popular reason for rejection with 14% is for "more information needed". The post says: "If some features require signing in, provide a valid demo account username and password. If there are special configurations to set, include the specifics. If features require an environment that is hard to replicate or require specific hardware, be prepared to provide a demo video or the hardware. Also, please make sure your contact information is complete and up-to-date."

This is followed by "apps that exhibit bugs" with 8%; non-compliance with the developer program license agreement; and poor user interfaces, both with 6%.

The top 10 reasons for app rejections account for 58% of all app rejections. Apple did not go into detail about the remaining 42% nor state what percentage of apps get rejected in the first place.

Follow us to get the most comprehensive technology news in UAE delivered fresh from our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and listen to our Weekly Podcast. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter on curated technology news in the Middle East and Worldwide.