Home / / Tech Mahindra forms JV for Saudi Arabia

Tech Mahindra forms JV for Saudi Arabia

Joint venture with Midad Holding will focus on services

Tech Mahindra forms JV for Saudi Arabia
Kumar: Tech Mahindra Arabia will focus on key verticals in the Kingdom.

Tech Mahindra has entered into a joint venture with Midad Holding to increase its presence in Saudi Arabia.

The agreement will found Tech Mahindra Arabia as a joint venture between the two. Tech Mahindra will hold 51% of the company while Midad, a a subsidiary of Al Fozan trading group, will have the remaining 49%.

Tech Mahindra Arabia will focus on activities such as consulting, application development and management, network services, integration, engineering, managed services, remote infrastructure management, operational & maintenance services and business process outsourcing.

CP Gurnani, managing director and CEO, Tech Mahindra Limited said: "Saudi Arabia has been a focus market for Tech Mahindra and we are excited about the economic growth potential the region has. This joint venture will establish the company as a leading player in providing IT and ITeS solutions. Additionally it will also provide exciting career opportunities for the talented men and women in Saudi region."

Mohammed Al Baadi, managing director & CEO, Midad Holding added: "Part of Midad Holding's model is to partner with global leaders providing game changing solutions that add value and address the challenges facing Saudi Customers. The purpose of the joint venture is to leverage Tech Mahindra's global expertise in Information technology while maximizing local content."

GB Kumar, vice president and Geo Head, Middle East and North Africa, Tech Mahindra Limited, said: "Saudi Arabia is the region's largest economy. Tech Mahindra Arabia will pave the way for exponential growth by solving the business and technical challenges of customers from Telecom, Public Sector, Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Utilities, Manufacturing and BFSI segments. Our differentiating strengths in Networking, Mobility, analytics, cloud and security will be of key importance in bringing value to Saudi customers."

Follow us to get the most comprehensive IT business news delivered fresh from our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and listen to our Weekly Podcast. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter on curated technology news in the Middle East and Worldwide.

REGISTER NOW | Webinar Event | Security you can bank on – Safeguarding the Middle East’s financial sector

Presented in partnership with security and network specialist Cybereason, the second in the three part webinar series will bring together a panel of experts to discuss how banks and financial institutions are evolving their service offering while simultaneously staying one step ahead of the cyber criminals who seek to bring their operations crashing to the ground.

CHANNEL AWARD 2018