Home / Alfa, Touch boast combined 2.35m mobile data users

Alfa, Touch boast combined 2.35m mobile data users

State-owned mobile carriers report quarterly subscriber numbers

Alfa, Touch boast combined 2.35m mobile data users

Zain-managed state-owned Lebanese mobile operator Touch and its rival, Egyptian-run Alfa, which is also owned by the Lebanese government, have released subscriber figures that reveal a combined user base of 2.35m in the Levant nation of 4.83m.

According to Lebanese newspaper The Daily Star, Touch reported 1.3m subscriptions to its mobile data services at the end of June 2014, which represented about 62% of its total mobile subscriber base.

The Star also reported that Alfa had 1.05m data subscribers by the end of the same period, which was approximately 55% of its total subscribers.

Touch currently has around 2.1m total mobile customers, or about 53% of the market, while Alfa serves the other roughly 47% portion of the market with about 1.9m subscribers.

Follow us to get the most comprehensive technology news in UAE delivered fresh from our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and listen to our Weekly Podcast. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter on curated technology news in the Middle East and Worldwide.

REGISTER NOW | Webinar Event | Security you can bank on – Safeguarding the Middle East’s financial sector

Presented in partnership with security and network specialist Cybereason, the second in the three part webinar series will bring together a panel of experts to discuss how banks and financial institutions are evolving their service offering while simultaneously staying one step ahead of the cyber criminals who seek to bring their operations crashing to the ground.

CHANNEL AWARD 2018