Man braves house blaze to save Xbox
Hardcore gamer escapes fire, then dives back in to rescue precious console
A Kansas, US man ran into his burning house to reclaim his Xbox, CNET reported yesterday.
The unnamed man woke in the middle of the night to find his home ablaze and managed to make it outside.
According to an ABC news report, he then rushed back inside, realising that his gaming console was about to be engulfed in flames. The report did not say what kind of Xbox was involved.
Fire authorities said the man was lucky to have suffered only from smoke inhalation. As the rule goes: "Get out, stay out, and get the fire brigade out." Unless your games console is in trouble.
The man's house sustained an estimated $80,000 of damage from the blaze. But at least he will be able to play "Halo".