Cisco unveils new partner programme
Annual UAE partner summit held to introduce new program, award best partners
Cisco has hosted its annual UAE Partner Summit, to present its new partner program and award its best performing partners in the country.
The event was held at the Zabeel Saray Hotel in Dubai, under the theme of ‘Partnering for Growth’. Cisco briefed partners on emerging market trends including cloud, services and partner-led initiatives, and on areas such as the company’s strategic direction, business priorities, products and products for channel partners.
Cisco also introduced its new partner program for financial year 2013, Partner Plus. The program, which is being rolled out worldwide, is intended to give partners more support and more rewards for tapping into small-to-mid-sized customers. Participating partners will gain increased preference, investment and support in the form of business accelerators such as incremental incentives, engineering support, marketing and demand generation, sales enablement, and customer intelligence.
“In the UAE and on a regional level, our partners are core to our business and a key driver for future growth,” said Claire Jones, regional manager, Cisco UAE. “We are using the opportunity through Partner Summit to acknowledge that our channel partners who are critical to the company’s success. The forum gives us an opportunity to recognize our partners’ achievements and reinforce our commitment to working with them to ensure that Cisco retains its leadership position in the industry.”
The event also saw the presentation of the Cisco Partner Summit UAE 2012 Awards. The winners were:
• Best Select Partner of the Year: Fujisoft
• Commercial Partner of the Year: GBM
• Commercial Distribution Partner of the Year: Logicom
• Services Partner of the Year: GBM
• Transformational Partner of the Year: Honeywell
• Enterprise & Public Sector Partner of the Year: Emircom
• Data Center Alliance Award of the Year: Bios ME
• SP Partner of the Year: Etisalat
• Partner Marketing Award of the Year: Teksalah
• Fastest Growing Partner of the Year: Site Technology