SonicWall touts plug & play security
SonicWall has just entered the region touting series of network boxes ranging from $600 to $7000 to secure small to medium sized organisations.
The Internet, e-business and the ever present threat of hackers is making the security issue more complex and mission critical.
The region’s shortage of security skills is complicating the issue, making it harder and more expensive to install a total security solution than ever before.
But network security vendor, SonicWall has just entered the region touting series of network boxes ranging from $600 to $7000 to secure small to medium sized organisations.
“[In] the SME space there are only about 5% of organisations, which have IT security manager[s] that know exactly what they want,” Peter Ruyters, director, EMEA, SonicWall, told ACN. “But the other 95% have the same [security] problems.”
SonicWall’s range of Internet security appliances scales up to cover everything from the small branch offices, to the local area networks of around 1000 users.
Alongside the strong price/performance message, the vendor is also claiming that its products offer IT managers a plug and play answer to security risks, saying that it can have a security solution for a branch office up and running in “a few minutes,” said Ruyters.
According to Ruyters, SonicWall’s Internet security appliances offer a better security solution than pure software solutions.
“Software solutions are absolutely not the way to go. Software solutions have to be ported on to the computer, and a computer can be hacked through its operating system. So you create a system that it is unreliable,” commented Ruyters.
“What we take is Ehternet and what we give is Ethernet and its totally transparent. [Our devices] have an operating system, but nobody knows the code, it’s locked away,”
For further information please go to www.sonicwall.com