Batelco staff action is averted

The planned protest by Batelco staff has been called off, with the operator agreeing to talk with the union.

  • E-Mail
By  Administrator Published  March 1, 2007

The planned protest by Batelco staff has been called off, with the operator agreeing to talk with the union.

Up to 1,200 of Batelco's Bahrain-based staff had been planning to demonstrate outside the operator's AGM yesterday (February 28). The Batelco Trade Union had been calling for a 25% pay increase.

Maki Abbas, chairman of the Batelco Trade Union, told IT Weekly that Batelco had agreed to discuss a salary increase, as well as changes to the company's voluntary early retirement (VER) scheme.

Abbas described the agreement as a "win-win" situation for both parties.

Batelco said it will produce a report on salary packages by April 15.

Add a Comment

Your display name This field is mandatory

Your e-mail address This field is mandatory (Your e-mail address won't be published)

Security code