Motorola ME staff await fate

Staff at Motorola's Middle East operation are waiting to hear what impact the firm's recently announced job cuts will have.

  • E-Mail
By  Administrator Published  January 25, 2007

Staff at Motorola's Middle East operation are waiting to hear what impact the firm's recently announced job cuts will have.

However, regional management have expressed confidence the operation will escape unscathed following last week's statement by the mobile phone giant that it was cutting 3,500 jobs to increase profitability.

In an exclusive statement to IT Weekly, Motorola MEA vice president Hassan Tavakoli said the firm did not "anticipate significant impact on the Middle East and Africa region" as a result, pointing out that it is "one of the fastest-growing for the telecoms sector in general and Motorola specifically". However, he said he could not speculate on any "further impact of this announcement in the region".

Add a Comment

Your display name This field is mandatory

Your e-mail address This field is mandatory (Your e-mail address won't be published)

Security code