Smoking iPhone battery forces Apple store evacuation in Zurich

The incident is being investigated by forensic specialists

Tags: Apple Incorporated
  • E-Mail
Smoking iPhone battery forces Apple store evacuation in Zurich  An Apple store in Zurich was evacuated.
By  Aasha Bodhani Published  January 10, 2018

An overheated iPhone battery has caused a stir in Zurich forcing 50 people to evacuate an Apple store in Zurich.

The smoking iPhone injured the repairman with slight burns and in need of medical treatment, along with seven other people, but no one was hospitalised.

Zurich police revealed that the incident occurred whilst the repairman was removing the battery, which resulted in slight burns on the man's hand.

A police statement praised the staff for responding "well and correctly," noting: "It sprinkled quartz sand over the overheated battery so that the smoke could be contained and sucked out after switching on the ventilation."

The incident is being investigated by forensic experts.

Add a Comment

Your display name This field is mandatory

Your e-mail address This field is mandatory (Your e-mail address won't be published)

Security code