Integrated infrastructure and platform revenue grows 51% YoY

IDC announces figures for EMEA in 2Q14

Tags: IDC Middle East and Africa
  • E-Mail
Integrated infrastructure and platform revenue grows 51% YoY The share of Western European sales in EMEA has remained stable at about 85%, with Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (CEMA) taking the remaining 15% of EMEA market value.
By  Helen Gaskell Published  October 6, 2014

The integrated infrastructure and platforms market in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) recorded vendor revenue of $649m in the second quarter of 2014, up 51% over the same period a year ago.

The market generated nearly 225 petabytes of new storage capacity shipments during the quarter, which was up 84% year over year.

"With strong sales of integrated platforms for databases and datawarehouses in large companies, Germany exhibited the highest YoY increase, showing that its typically risk-adverse IT organisations are starting to recognise the advantages of deploying integrated systems," said Giorgio Nebuloni, research manager, IDC EMEA. "Other Western European markets are expected to follow suit in the coming quarters, driven by managed service provider deployments of infrastructure systems."

The share of Western European sales in EMEA has remained stable at about 85%, with Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (CEMA) taking the remaining 15% of EMEA market value.

"While the overall share of CEMA sales in EMEA continued to grow, adoption differs greatly across the geographies," said Jiri Helebrand, research manager, IDC CEMA. "Indeed, sales of integrated solutions in the MEA region are much larger in comparison with the CEE region, as organisations from developing countries are more keen to deploy integrated systems to reduce infrastructure inefficiencies and IT maintenance costs."

Integrated infrastructure systems account for 57% of total sales in EMEA, down from 66% registered last quarter, but still up 68% year over year.

Add a Comment

Your display name This field is mandatory

Your e-mail address This field is mandatory (Your e-mail address won't be published)

Security code