ACN SALARY SURVEY: Over half of Mid-East IT workers ‘satisfied’ with current role

But annual poll also shows widespread intentions to move on within two years

Tags: ITP Publishing GroupSalarySaudi ArabiaUnited Arab Emirates
  • E-Mail
ACN SALARY SURVEY: Over half of Mid-East IT workers ‘satisfied’ with current role A good work environment was ranked among participants as slightly more important than salary for job satisfaction.
By  Stephen McBride Published  September 23, 2014

More than half of those working in the Middle East technology sector are satisfied with their current job, according to the Arabian Computer News Salary Survey 2014.

The annual poll showed 17% of respondents were very satisfied, and 39% fairly satisfied, with their current position, for a total of 56% that were satisfied to some degree. Some 28% described themselves as neutral and 15% as dissatisfied.

A good work environment was ranked among participants as slightly more important than salary for job satisfaction, while a good company, challenging job, job stability and skills development were also deemed important.

But despite satisfaction levels, 30% said they were thinking of changing jobs within six months and 61% said they would move on within two years. The responses were almost exactly the same as 2013, when 30% indicated a move within 6 months and 60% within two years.

Salary was voted the most important factor in a new job, with opportunity for advancement ranked a clear second. New challenge, better environment, opportunities to develop skills, and better benefits were also considered important.

The ACN IT Salary Survey 2014 was an anonymous online survey run through ITP.net between July and early September. It quizzed participants on a range of employment issues, including satisfaction, career intentions, staffing levels and training.

Continues on next page>>

Add a Comment

Your display name This field is mandatory

Your e-mail address This field is mandatory (Your e-mail address won't be published)

Security code