MEA integrated infrastructure revenue sees 136% YoY growth in Q1

Surge attributed to high incidence of greenfield deployments across region

Tags: International Data Corporation
  • E-Mail
MEA integrated infrastructure revenue sees 136% YoY growth in Q1
By  Stephen McBride Published  July 8, 2014

The Middle East and Africa (MEA) region saw a massive 136% year-on-year surge in integrated infrastructure and platforms revenue in the first quarter of 2014, due to several large rollouts, according to figures released by tech industry research firm International Data Corporation (IDC).

The MEA region showed the most vigorous growth within the wider Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) zone, which recorded overall vendor revenue of $541.7m in Q1, up 57% over the same period a year ago. The overall market generated nearly 180 petabytes of new storage capacity shipments during the quarter, which was up 90%, year on year.

The portion of Western Europe sales in EMEA has remained stable at about 85% with Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (CEMA) capturing the remaining 15% of EMEA market value.

IDC attributed the MEA surge to the fact that many projects were building ICT infrastructures from scratch.

"Many data centres in emerging markets are greenfield deployments due to lower dependency on legacy solutions compared to developed countries," said Jiri Helebrand, research manager, IDC Servers, Systems & Infrastructure Solutions, CEMA. "Building the IT project from scratch provides an opportunity to implement new technologies and address business requirements for scalable, reliable, and virtualised data centres through integrated systems."

Add a Comment

Your display name This field is mandatory

Your e-mail address This field is mandatory (Your e-mail address won't be published)

Security code