Comguard in services push

IT security distributor Comguard has revealed plans to bolster its security services offering on the back of a successful showing at GITEX TECHNOLOGY WEEK.

Tags: Comguard
  • E-Mail
Comguard in services push Mohammad Mobasseri: Comguard aims to offer more value added services such as auditing and security assessment.
By  ITP.net Staff Writer Published  October 21, 2010

IT security distributor Comguard has revealed plans to bolster its security services offering on the back of a successful showing at GITEX TECHNOLOGY WEEK.

The Dubai-based outfit, which distributes security software and appliances from vendors such as ArcSight, Cyberoam and Kaspersky, has its eye on increasing the volume of business it makes from non-product sales over the coming months.

“Looking ahead to 2011, we would like to form more of an offering in terms of security services such as auditing and security assessment,” explains Mohammad Mobasseri, Senior VP at Comguard. “While we have been doing this with [sister company] Spectrum, we want to expand it so that it really starts to grow.”

Although Mobasseri admits this would mean that Comguard is likely to have more contact with end-users — normally something that distributors avoid to prevent conflict with their reseller customers — he insists the distributor ultimately aims to sell the services through the channel.

“It is not our strategy [to compete with resellers] — we will be looking to help resellers get into this market,” he says. “Even now, services selling is a unique part of our strategy. We have Spectrum supporting us with a lot of technical expertise, which is not the case for our competition.”

Comguard makes around 90% of its sales from security and the remaining 10% from networking-related security. It has spent this week at GITEX educating customers on its latest offerings and building relationships with new and prospective channel partners. “We have been introducing our new products to channel partners who have visited the booth and informing them about some of the specific high-end solutions now available,” says Mobasseri, who also adds that the company is hoping to add more vendor lines to its portfolio in the coming months.

Add a Comment

Your display name This field is mandatory

Your e-mail address This field is mandatory (Your e-mail address won't be published)

Security code