Batelco in final stages of broadband upgrade

$57mn rollout of Next Generation Network services to be complete by November.

  • E-Mail
By  Ola Galal Published  April 12, 2008

Bahraini telecom Batelco said on Saturday it is in the final stage of a $57 million plan to extend its broadband services, which it said would be completed by the end of September.

The Next Generation Network services will facilitate voice, data and video on a single line, the firm said in a statement.

Batelco has invested $1.4 billion in telecom infrastructure over the past 26 years, including on Next Generation Networks infrastructure, it added.

The company last month stopped an advertisement campaign for broadband internet services for which it had yet to receive regulatory approval. (Reuters)

Add a Comment

Your display name This field is mandatory

Your e-mail address This field is mandatory (Your e-mail address won't be published)

Security code