Oman earmarks $30m for tourism promotion

The Omani government will spend $30million to promote the Sultanate abroad in the next two years.

  • E-Mail
By  Shilpa Mathai Published  October 13, 2003

The Omani government will spend $30 million to promote the Sultanate abroad in the next two years, a government spokesman claimed earlier this month.

"Tourism is a priority sector for Oman," said under-secretary for tourism,
Mohsin bin Khamis al Balushi at a tourism seminar in Oman. "We have ambitious plans to promote Oman in other countries. The government has allocated $30 million for tourism promotion abroad for more than two years, till 2005", he said.

Tourism promotions will be held in Europe, a priority market, and in other
GCC countries. The Sultanate is also targeting India as a potential market.

"Our development and marketing plans are ambitious and achievable. We have a number of new resorts due to be completed, like the Shangri La Resort in Barr al Jissah and the Water Front project in Al Azaiba", Al Balushi told delegates at the seminar.

Add a Comment

Your display name This field is mandatory

Your e-mail address This field is mandatory (Your e-mail address won't be published)

Security code