Jordan Telecom implements e-payment services

New internet payment gateway lets telephone subscribers pay their bills online and more.

  • E-Mail
By  Maddy Reddy Published  September 8, 2003

From September 21, this year Jordanians wouldn’t need to wait in long queues anymore.

Thanks to Jordan Telecom’s new online initiative subscribers can log on 24/7 to the company’s website at www.jordantelecom.jo and pay all their bills online from their bank account. In addition, users will be able to check their billing status, update their subscriber details and contact the online customer support for free.

The flexible e-payment gateway service is developed by e-dimension (www.e-dmn.com) a subsidiary of Jordan Telecom allows customers to pay their bills fully or partially.

Tamouh Khouli, CEO of e-dimension said, ‘The e-payment gateway is the second to be launched after Dubai’s e-gateway and is considered the backbone for the success of e-trade and e-government. This achievement will play a key role in cementing Jordan as a regional IT hub.’

The electronic payments project was a collaborative effort with The Jordan National Bank as the acquiring Bank for credit card payments on Master Card, National Express and American Express cards, claims to guarantee a high level of security. It uses a VPN (Virtual Private Network) encryption mechanism between the website’s user and the bank to avoid online fraud according to the International standards for Credit and Debit card systems.

Jordan Telecommunications Co. on was privately registered on January 1, 1997 and was formerly known as Telecommunications Corporation (T.C.C) with the Jordan Government holding 60% of the shares. France Telecom a strategic partner of JITCO (Jordan Telecom’s holding company) owns 88% of the shares with Arab Bank holding the remaining 12 %.

Customers without internet access can still pay offline when they receive their telephone bills by post.

Add a Comment

Your display name This field is mandatory

Your e-mail address This field is mandatory (Your e-mail address won't be published)

Security code